Type: Lunch, Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 1/2 pound salmon
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Salt and pepper the salmon and place skin side up into a hot cast iron pan that’s been greased with olive oil. Saute on one side for one minute, then flip and do the other side.
- Place the whole cast iron pan in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through. Meanwhile:
- Make your salad: combine kale, goat cheese, blueberries, and walnuts and toss.
- Make your salad dressing: combine equal parts lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in a jar and shake well. Dress your salad.
- When your salmon is done, place filet on top of the salad – serve! Makes enough for two hefty salads.