Hey folks! Happy Friday. We’re glad we have two days ahead to relax (read: cook all the foods) and hang out and enjoy LA (read: try to eat every ice pop we find in the hopes we don’t melt into a puddle.)
I am trying a new series around here to give you a glimpse into more than just recipes and food! I hope you like it. Holla at your girl if you don’t. But here’s what we’ve got going on:
1. This Mark Bittman article about GMOs. Say what you will about them (safe, not safe, etc.) but he finally articulates a point I’ve been mulling over for a while: if GMOs are safe, why not label foods to let people know GMOs were used? Transparency is key in all industries, especially food. What do you think?
2. Salted Oatmeal Cookies from Real Simple are everything, you guys. I made them this week for book club and they were awesome – I used chocolate covered pomegranate seeds instead of dark chocolate, and I highly recommend it.
3. Speaking of book club, we are reading Freakonomics this month. Have you guys read it? What are you reading this month? I just finished reading Wild and I really enjoyed it and kind of want to go hike the PCT now.
4. I am doing a million yoga videos right now on this site I love, Do Yoga With Me. I am doing a six week program to take me from intermediate to advanced, and I am really feeling good and happier in general. Plus, I am killing my headstands – this one was the snow from when we went to Big Bear a month back. Do you guys do yoga? Do you run or anything? What makes you feel good? Dance class?
5. Since it’s going to be hot this weekend in LA, and since I am looking for healthy snacks to get us through the weekend, here’s a throwback to our Spring’s Here Smoothie we posted last year at this time.
That’s what we’re thinking about this week. What are you up to? Happy Friday!