It’s finally here, folks! Summertime, a season that always bring magic and sunshine and tans and iced cold drinks and hot dogs and endless twilights. I always count Memorial Day weekend as the official beginning of summer, June Gloom be damned. This is an oldie but a goodie, and I needed to share it again with y’all.
This first long weekend calls for cool drinks served with plenty of fruit. With the sun up well into the evening, it’s time to be outside and spend less time in the kitchen, right!?
Some summer cocktails are in order, and what easier to make than a sangria? This White Wine Sangria comes together in about five minutes, and once it’s nice and iced it is delicious but not too sweet.
1 bottle white wine
2 citrus fruit, I used 1 lemon and 1 lime
2 stone fruits, I used 1 peach and 1 plum
handful of cherries
soda water (I used lime flavor)
1. Empty wine into jars or pitcher.
2. Slice the citrus thin, and dice your stone fruit.
3. Add citrus, stone fruit, and cherries to wine, making sure to submerge fruit!
4. Let chill at least one hour in fridge.
5. When ready to serve, pour over ice, filling glasses about half way. Top off with soda water and a fresh cherry. Enjoy!
Sip slowly with friends over a BBQ, or in the evening when you get home and realize how many hours are left of sunlight. I recommend drinking while you’re cooking…what makes cooking over a hot stove cooler than a glass of iced cold sangria?
What’s your favorite kind of sangria? I am thinking of making a rosé next, what do you guys think?