We made these last year, and they are delicious and beautiful, so we wanted to share again – we hope you’re cozy and baking with your loved ones this holiday season! Originally posted on December 16, 2013.
These cookies are some of my favorites – they are chocolate cookies, rolled in powdered sugar, and stuck with a kiss!
Here’s what you do:
Prep Time: 20 minutes active, 30 minutes unactive
Bake Time: 12-14 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350
4 oz cocoa
¼ cup coconut oil (or butter)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 bag Hershey’s kisses
1. Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add cocoa and mix well.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, mix well.
3. Chill 30 minutes (I know this sounds annoying, but it helps with the rolling, I promise!)
4. Shape into balls – about the size of a ping pong ball.
5. Roll in confectioners sugar, and place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
6. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. While baking, unwrapped Hershey’s kisses.
7. As soon as they come out of the oven stick an unwrapped kiss in each one.
8. This one is hard, but totally worth it: let set for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
What cookies do you make at the holidays with your family?