Type: Baking, Breads
Oven Temperature: 450°
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Adapted from King Arthur Flour.
- 4 ounce white wheat flour
- 4.5 ounce all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon freshly basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon cold butter, diced
- 2 large eggs, 1 separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 450. In a large bowl, mix your flours, baking powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and basil.
- Add the cold butter, working in until you have coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Flour a surface, then turn dough onto the surface and mold into a rectangle.
- Cut into triangles (about eight pieces) and place on parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Whisk your remaining egg white until foamy, then brush onto each scone. Baked for 10 minutes until golden, then remove from oven and serve warm with soup!