Oven Temperature: 375
Prep Time: 45 minutes
(not including time to make cornbread)
Bake Time: 35 minutes
6-8 cups cornbread cut into cubes
(or 1 package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix, prepared ahead of time)
2 leeks, sliced thin
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 large fennel bulb, chopped
3 pears, chopped
1 lb pork sausage, browned
2 cups turkey or chicken stock
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
1. Make the cornbread ahead of time. Allow to cool. Cut into bite size cubes.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees, and toast cornbread pieces in a single layer for about 10 minutes until they just begin to brown. Remove cornbread, then turn oven up and let it preheat to 375 degrees.
3. Heat butter in a large skillet. Add pears, fennel, leeks, celery, cinnamon and curry. Cook over medium heat until they begin to soften. About 10 minutes.
4. In a separate pan, brown your sausage and set aside to drain on paper towels.
5. Combine cornbread, vegetables and sausage in a large mixing bowl. Add rosemary, sage, eggs and cranberries. Mix well.
6. Place mixture in a greased casserole dish, and pour chicken stock on top.
7. Top with parsley and bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees.