File last weekend under “adventures.” As you may have gathered, we (Jennie and Corelyn) went camping in Joshua Tree National Park over the weekend. It was a lot of fun, but it was very, very cold. We took approximately one million photos. Here are a few of the best ones.
From left to right:
- Campfire bacon cooked in the trusty cast iron. We may or may not have gone through 3 pounds of bacon.
- The sign at the Joshua Tree entrance (FREE park admission! Another reason to love Veteran’s day).
- The stunning Key’s view, looking out over the mojave desert and the San Andreas fault line.
- Jeff, setting up a photo from on top of a boulder.
- Cholla cactus (looks fluffy in person, but watch out! It’s prickly)
- Campsite coffee, made in a french press, served in a tin.
- A bluebird posing to have it’s picture taken on top of a massive yucca bush.
- Joshua Tree rocks, excellent for climbing and scrambling.
- Our view of the desert when we awoke Saturday morning.
What about you? Would you have braved the 33 degree weather to join us in Joshua Tree?