This is a quick, tasty recipe when you’re hungry for dessert, whether you’re paleo, doing a Whole30 or just looking to make a dessert with whole foods. I’ve had this pudding recipe a la mode, and I’ve used it as a filler for crepes. I think it would also taste great in a paleo pie!
(If you’re looking to fill crepes, check out this crepe recipe from Stupideasypaleo.com).
*This recipe requires a food processor.
There’s only 6 ingredients!
1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
*Serves 2-3 people
1. Pour the roasted and unsalted cashews into food processor. Pulse.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil at a time. Blend until creamy. (When it comes to making the cashew butter base, the key is to only add enough olive oil to get the creamy texture. If the olive oil taste overpowers the cashews, you’ve gone too far!)
3. Add salt to taste. Blend.
4. Cut up banana and add to the mixture. Blend.
5. Dice apple and add to mixture. Blend but it’s OK to leave apple chunks in the mix.
6. Cut up dates and use as garnish or mix in!