Oven Temperature: 425°
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup milk
- 12 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- olive oil
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat a glug of olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté about five minutes.
- Add spinach in a few handfuls, allowing to wilt entirely.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool about five minutes. Meanwhile, melt milk, cream cheese, and half your asiago cheese over medium heat, whisking to make smooth. Turn heat to low.
- Squeeze as much liquid as you can stand to squeeze out of your spinach. Do your best. Now, turn your oven on to 425.
- Add spinach back to pan with milk, cream cheese, and half your asiago cheese. Add hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- Grease a casserole dish, use olive oil, that's fine. Pour spinach dip into pan, then top with remaining cheese. Bake in oven until the top is crusty, about 20 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips!