Oven Temperature: 400 degrees
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
2 parsnips, sliced
4-5 carrots, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange chopped vegetables in a single layer in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until onions and cauliflower begin to get brown and crispy.
4. Serve over rice with lemon kefir sauce.
For the sauce:
1-1/2 cups kefir
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup minced shallots
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 lemon, zested and 1/2 of its juice
1 pinch saffron threads
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small saucepan, saute shallots in butter over medium heat.
2. When shallots are soft and translucent, add white wine and lemon juice to pan.
3. Slowly add kefir to mixture followed by lemon zest, saffron, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve warm over roasted vegetables.