Type: Baking, Breakfast
Oven Temperature: 350°
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 7 Muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining sugar in the flour bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about three-fourths full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake until puffed and golden brown and wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack five minutes, then transfer muffins from pan to rack and cool to warm or room temperature.