Type: Main Course, Quick Meals, Vegetarian
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4-6 Servings
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 16 ounce spaghetti
- 6 ounce fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounce hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Zest and juice your lemon. Combine the zest, lemon juice, mascarpone, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl and stir.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (don't forget to salt!) and cook your spaghetti just a few minutes less than you normally would, aka al dente. Reserve like half a cup of water from the pasta for your sauce but drain the rest.
- Now put your cheesy sauce into a pan, and add all the spinach. Let it wilt, then add half your pasta water, and your pasta, and stir well. The idea is a sauce - not too watery, not too thick, so as you cook you MAY add more water, and you may not. Once the spinach wilts, you can either add your hazelnuts directly to pasta, or just serve them on top (if you, for example, live with someone who's not nuts about nuts.) Serve hot!