Type: Breakfast, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- pinch salt
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch ginger
- In a skillet over high heat, flash fry each of the corn tortillas (just tortilla and pan – no butter or oil needed) until the tortilla is a very light brown – typically 30 seconds each side. Set aside.
- Sauté sliced sweet potatoes until al dente (only slightly crunchy)
- Drain beans and add to the skillet with your sweet potatoes.
- Season to your liking (we used a pinch of salt, garlic powder and ginger)
- Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Over low to medium heat, scramble your eggs. Set those aside as well.
- Clean your pan and butter lightly. Assemble your quesadillas: cheese, eggs, sweet potato/bean combo and then more cheese.
- Cook over low to medium heat until cheese is melted and the tortillas are your desired crispiness.
- Eat or freeze for a grab and go breakfast for your week!