Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 5 – 8
10 – 15 large white mushrooms, stems removed
10 – 15 various mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 medium shallot, chopped (should total about 1/4 cup)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp thyme
6 – 8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
4 tbsp sour cream (optional)
1/3 cup chicken broth (optional)
1. Clean the large mushrooms and remove stems. Set the stems aside to go into the stuffing mixture.
2. Roughly chop the mushroom stems, the extra mushrooms, and your shallots.
3. Salt and pepper your oil and butter while they heat up, then add your chopped shallots and let saute over medium heat for about a minute.
4. Add your chopped mushrooms to the pan and let the mushrooms and shallots caramelize.
5. Add turmeric and thyme.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add bread crumbs, sour cream, and Parmesan to the mixture. If your stuffing mixture seems too dry, you can add more sour cream or chicken broth to moisten.
7. Salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Grease your baking sheet/casserole dish/jelly roll pan or use a silpat. Arrange the mushroom caps, cap side down.
9. Spoon the mixture into your mushroom caps and top with the extra Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.