Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Inactive Time: 60 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4-5 small potatoes
- 5 carrots
- 1 bunch celery
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil chicken breasts in water. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop your potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- When your chicken is done, remove from pot, drain, and cut into bit size pieces.
- In a dutch oven or soup pot, heat oil. When hot, add potatoes. Brown for about five minutes over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, and broth. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice and spices, and taste and adjust to your liking. Let simmer at least 30-45 minutes. Serve hot!