Type: Appetizer, Vegetarian
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped
- 1 generous pinch red chile flakes
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 2 cup ricotta
- Slice baguette and put pieces on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Put the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Rough chop your broccoli rabe. Put on a pot of water to boil, and boil your broccoli rabe for 3-4 minutes, and then drain and let cool. Once it’s cool, squeeze the water out as best you can, and set aside.
- Put your bread into the oven for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil, garlic, and chile flakes into a cast iron or pan over medium heat.
- After about two minutes, add in your broccoli rabe, then a little salt and pepper. Cook for about five minutes, then add your beans in, heating through.
- Pull out your bread, and spread with ricotta, then top with beans/broccoli rabe mixture. Do one last salt and pepper shake, then serve!