2 cups of rice
28 ounces of black beans
2 chicken breasts
2 packets of Frontera Garlicky Carnitas Slow Cook Sauce
2 bell peppers
½ white onion
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Cook rice and while rice is cooking prep vegetables and chicken, cutting both into bite size pieces. Rinse black beans and slightly mash beans to change texture.
2. Cook chicken on medium/high heat then remove from pan.
3. Cook bell peppers and onion on low/medium heat until they soften and the onion browns.
4. Mix chicken and black beans in with the veggies, then add the sauce. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for several minutes.
5. When rice is done season to taste with chili powder and cumin, stirring to distribute spices evenly.
6. Mix together with rice and serve with cheddar cheese as garnish if desired.
It can be eaten on its own, with tortillas, with chips, with really whatever you desire. Some variations on ingredients include jalapeno for some extra spice, corn for some extra crunch, or cilantro for some extra green.