This weekend we had our annual holiday party! We made many treats, but were having so much fun we forgot to photograph it – but we DID photograph just one new recipe I think you’re going to love – gluten free chocolate chips cookies.
This cookies were legitimately better than the traditional cookies, and had I not told everyone, you wouldn’t have been able to tell they were gluten free. They were chewy, chocolate, and delicious. I have been eating the ones that are left since the party…they are pretty much my favorite thing. (Can you tell I liked them?)
Here’s the recipe:
Oven temperature: 350
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I prefer King Arthur)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
8 -10 oz chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Take sugars and butter, cream until combined.
2. Add egg, and vanilla, stirring to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, xanthan gum, and baking soda (and cinnamon if using.)
4. Add to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Add chocolate chips. Make tablespoon sized cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes. Enjoy when warm!
What is your favorite kind of cookie?