This is a post from Eva, our fave Fangirl who creates awesome food surrounding some of our fave shows. For the full post, head over to Fanboy Comics – but for her Doublemeat Palace Veggie Burger recipe, see below!
We’ve stumbled upon some very powerful information. Everything you know about the Doublemeat Medley from Southern California chain, Doublemeat Palace is about to change:
“The burger isn’t people. In fact, it isn’t even meat. It’s all processed vegetables,” claims UC Sunnydale student and witch, Willow Rosenberg. “Isn’t that weird?” she adds.
So now you too have some very powerful information. Below is the leaked Doublemeat patty recipe in its entirety. How you use it is up to you. Just be sure to keep an eye out for lamprey demons, they’ve got the taste for doublemeat infused flesh.
1 16 ounce can plain black beans
½ bell pepper, chopped
½ onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 teas hot sauce
½ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain, wash and strain the black beans.
3. In a medium bowl, mash the black beans then set aside.
4. On lightly greased baking sheet, roast the chopped bell peppers, onions and garlic.
5. Remove from oven when they are browned and tender.
6. Mix together mashed beans with roasted veggies. A kitchen-aid works wonders but you can also use a blender if you want a smoother patty.
7. In a separate bowl combine the egg with the spices and hot sauce.
8. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the veggie mixture and combine until it reaches an even consistency.
9. Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and mix to your desired texture.
10. Form mixture into roughly 4 patties.
11. Grill, bake or sauté to your heart’s content.
12. Enjoy with vampire, lamprey and human friend alike.