1 lb carrots, chopped
1 medium red onion, quartered
1 cup red quinoa
1 cup kale
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss carrots and onions with 1 tbsp olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, until onions are translucent and tender. Carrots should be soft but retain some crispness.
3. Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
4. When quinoa is fully cooked, add the kale to your pot. Cover, remove from heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes so kale wilts slightly.
5. Toss quinoa, roasted veggies, kale,with lemon juice, balsalmic vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil and thyme.
6. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve!